For those who have ever heard, “Those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach:” Taylor Mali, on behalf of educators everywhere, on what teachers make:
- I make kids work harder than I ever thought they could.
- I make parents see kids for who they really are.
- I make kids wonder.
- I make them question.
- I make them criticize.
- I make them apologize and mean it.
- I make them write write write.
- I make them spell.
- I make them realize that if you have [intellect] then you follow [your heart].
He ends by asking, “Teachers make a difference, now what about you?” See also Conan: “[I]f you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”